Code Of Ethics
As part of our commitment to recreational metal detecting, we at Western & Eastern Treasures encourage responsible conduct and strict compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and restrictions, as well as unconditional respect for the rights and property of others, and for those held in common by us all. Even though these values and standards may not be explicitly stated in every article, they are an integral part of our philosophy, efforts, and goals. We take pride in the hobby and industry we serve, and ask you to join us in observing and promoting the following Code Of Ethics.
- I WILL respect private property and do no treasure hunting without the owner’s permission.
- I WILL fill all excavations.
- I WILL appreciate and protect our heritage of natural resources, wildlife, and private property.
- I WILL use thoughtfulness, consideration, and courtesy at all times.
- I WILL build fires in designated or safe places only.
- I WILL leave gates as found.
- I WILL remove and properly dispose of any trash that I find.
- I WILL NOT litter.
- I WILL NOT destroy property, buildings, or what is left of ghost towns and deserted structures.
- I WILL NOT tamper with signs, structural facilities, or equipment.
Western & Eastern Treasures magazine endorses the Treasure Hunter’s Code Of Ethics.